Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Collection a Day, 2010

In keeping with the theme of type for the week these images are from A Collection a Day, 2010 by San Francisco based artist Lisa Congdon. Some of her collections are ones that she photographs and some are drawings or paintings. A fun pace to visit for the next year.



Of course, these are one of my favorite of the collections, especially the thread on the left.

I have the postcard collection that was in my grandmother's desk drawer. There are postcards to her from my grandfather, my older brother and from me. One summer when I went to visit her after I had graduated from college I was looking at them and she had me read them to her. That was a lot of postcards. She seemed to remember the message that was on the back of each one. If I tried to cut the reading short she seemed to know!

No comments: