Thursday, October 9, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

I can't believe that I have been tagged. I thought I was flying under the radar just keeping an online photo journal of pictures that I like from the web.

I was tagged by fellow Mississippian Jennifer Jane's Style Journal. The rules are:

1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Mention the rules
3. Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself
4. Tag six other bloggers by linking to them
5. Go to each person's blog and leave them a comment that lets them know they've been tagged

1. Square. I like square plates and baking dishes. I have a collection of green glass square plates, bowls and a pottery sets of square plates. Also, there is square baking dish for my sour cream muffins and square baking pans that are used for carrot cake which sits on the square cake pedestal.

2. Stamps. I still soak stamps off envelopes for my collection, but only the pretty ones. I have started using the older stamps on tags, cards and some of the uncirculated stamps as postage.

3. Plants. My father taught me to propagate plants which I still love doing. My interest is more in starting the plant than in the plant one it is rooted and growing. We have a tea rose that came from my parents (Madison, MA) that came from my grandmother (Louisville, MS) that came from her sister-in-law who was my great aunt (West Point, MS).

4. Books. We lived in West Point, MS when David Haberstam wrote The Noblest Roman. He worked for the Daily Times Leader after he graduated from Harvard. Some of our family friends are in the book.

5. Bones. In the 2nd grade I took a cow skull to show and tell. Could this have been the beginning of my interest in Georgia O'Keefe? Of course, we had to draw and paint skulls in my different art courses at Auburn.

6. Fabric. I make 18th Century style haversacks from old fabric. All are hand sewn.


I am tagging

1. Barnhouse
2. Eddie Ross
3. Hearts and Hands
4. Blomsterverkstad
5. Automatism
6. Designers Block

2 comments:

jenniferjane said...

Thank you for playing! I love all your posts; they help me remember why I love the south.

Mississippi Made said...

Thanks for looking at my blog. As I said in the post I thought I was flying under the radar with my blog.